Writer: Kobie Kleynhans
- Task + Memo (38 pages)
- Assessment Plan (5 pages)
Numbers, Operations & Relationships
1.1 Number concept:
- Count grouped objects in multiples of 3s; 4s; 5s and 10s.
1.2 Order, compare and describe numbers:
- Write the numbers in descending and ascending order:
- Complete the following using symbols: < = >
- Complete: More or less than by the aid number lines.
- Round off numbers to the nearest 10 e.g. 13® 10:
- Double or halve whole numbers:
1.3 Number names and number symbols:
- Match number names with the correct number symbol
- Read the number name and write the number symbol
- Write number names
1.4 Place value:
- Write a number sentence for the following.
- Complete HTU e.g. …………. = 100 + 30 + 2
- Build HTU on using drawings:
- What is the numerical value/place value of the underlined digit?
1.5 Problem solving:
- Show your operation and write a number sentence. You may also draw a picture.
- Use the number line to show your calculations
- Halve and double in steps
- Calculations by breaking numbers down
- Colour the indicated fractional part in e.g. one half.
- Divide the shapes in the indicated fraction and colour one part e.g. two thirds.
- What fraction is shaded?
- Add rands and cents.
- Calculate the cost and difference in rands and cents.
- Draw the amounts in rands and cents.
Patterns, Functions & Algebra
2.1 Number patterns:
- Complete the patterns by counting on and back in multiples of 2s; 3s, 4s, 5s; 10s and identify and
name the rule e.g. count on in 2s
2.2 Geometric patterns
- Complete the pattern by filling in the missing parts.
- Expand the patterns by drawing one set.
Space and Shape (Geometry)
3.1 Symmetry: Identify whether a picture is symmetrical.
3.2 2-Dimensional shapes: Recognise and draw.
3.2 3-Dimensional objects:
- Match 3-D objects with the correct name, e.g. sphere, cylinder, cone, pyramid, rectangular prism, cube.
- Recognice properties of 3-D objects e.g. roll / slide; flat / round surfaces.
Measurement: Calendar, Time, Mass, Length
- Complete a calendar.
- Record dates on the calendar.
- Answer questions about the calendar.
- Read and write the analogue time. (Hours & half hours)
- Read the time and draw the hour and minute.
- How many minutes are in an hour; half an hour and a quarter-hour?
- Arrange items by mass.
- Read mass on a scale.
- Recognise unit of measure by which we measure mass and the abbreviations e.g. g – gram; kg. – kilogram.
- Can read lengths in centimeters using a ruler.
- Measure lines in centimeters using a ruler.
- Recognise unit of measure by which we measure length and the abbreviations e.g. cm-centimeters; km.- kilometers.
5. Use given data to complete a bar graph