Writer: Kobie Kleynhans
- Task + Memo (34 pages)
- Assessment Plan (4 pages)
Numbers, Operations & Relationships
1.1 Number concept:
- Count objects by grouping in multiples of 3s; 4s; 5s and 10s.
1.2 Orders, compare and describe numbers:
- Working with a number chart.
- Write numbers in descending and ascending order.
- Complete the following using symbols: < = >
- More or less.
- Round numbers to the nearest 10 e.g. 13® 10
- Double or halve the numbers.
1.3 Number names and symbols:
- Read the number name and circle the number symbol.
- Read the number name and write the number symbol
- Read the number symbols and write the correct number name.
1.4 Place value:
- Decompose numbers e.g. …………. = 100 + 30 + 2
- Decompose number names in expanded notation e.g. one hundred and thirteen = 1 H + 1 T + 3U
- What is the numerical value/place value of the underlined digit?
1.5 Problem solving:
Show your operation and write a number sentence. You can also draw a picture.
1.6 Operations: Find the answer by using different methods.
- Colour the indicated fractional part in e.g. one half.
- Recognise half, quarters, thirds etc.
- How much money do I have in my purse?
- Calculate costs of items and change in Rand and cents.
Patterns, Functions & Algebra
2.1 Number patterns:
- Complete patterns by counting forward and backward and identify the number rule.
- Complete the missing pattern:
- Name patterns, example. Repetitive pattern, growing pattern or size changed pattern.
Space and Shape (Geometry)
- Position: Study the picture and answer questions.
- Recognise and name 2-dimensional shapes and 3-dimensional objects.
- Recognises unit of measure that we use to measure length and recognize abbreviations
e.g. cm – centimeters; km.- kilometers.
- Measure lines in centimeters with a ruler.
- Read time in hours, half hours, quarters etc.
- Calculate elapsed time.
- Work with a calendar by answering questions and record dates.
- Study a pictograph and answer questions. Working with a key.