Author: Kobie Kleynhans
- Task + Memo (17 pages)
- Assessment Plan (3 pages)
1. Listening and speaking: (Oral and practical)
- Demonstrates understanding of oral vocabulary by responding to an instruction.
- Look at the picture and tell your teacher what the
picture is about.
- Express self in simple ways by using short
phrases e.g. I like apples. I do not like vegetables
2. Emergent Reading
- Checklist for Emergent Reading
- Demonstrates understanding of vocabulary in the story by pointing to objects in the pictures
- Copies a caption for a picture he/she has drawn.
Draw one of the three pigs who is building his house and choose the correct caption for your picture.
3. Phonemic Awareness
- Claps out the syllables in familiar words.
- Learner identifies the beginning sounds in words. Listen to the word and write the beginning sound of familiar words.
- The learners will be able to identify rhyming words in rhymes.