Activity 1: Listening & Speaking
1.1 Listen to the story your teacher reads to you and answer the questions.
1.2 Speaking: Look at the picture and talk about what the picture is about.
- Speaks fluently with confidence.
- Language use and grammar.
Activity 2: Reading
2.1 Shared Reading:
- a) Reads a short written text with the teacher and answers simple questions about the story
- b) Reads sentences and put them in the correct order.
2.2 Group guided reading: Rubric
- Read text aloud with confidence.
- Uses known phonic and sight words if necessary.
- Reads without errors with increased fluency and expression.
Activity 3: Phonics
3.1. Recognises common consonant digraphs at the beginning or the ending of words
e.g. sh; ch; th-; wh-: -ng). Use these digraphs to write own words (picture clues).
3.2 Give the plural form of words, e.g. one orange…many oranges.
3.3 Spelling test.
Activity 4: Writing
4.1 Recognises and uses common endings in words “ing”. Complete the sentences by adding –ing to the verbs.
4.2 Use is or are to complete sentences.
4.3 Use a or an to complete sentences.
4.4 Write a paragraph with a title about a topic.
- Work with words and use learnt phonics knowledge.
- Use appropriate writing convention and punctuation.
- Content and structure.