Activity 1: Listening & Speaking
1.1 Learner must be able to listen to a simple recount
and answer questions.
- Listen to simple recount and answer simple questions about it verbally.
- Speaking and answering questions.
- Demonstrates an understanding of some basic oral vocabulary.
- Sentence structure
1.2 Prepared Oral:
Can you tell the class more about your pet? Yx2 X x1 W x0
Theme: My Pet Time: 30sec
- Voice: Did you speak clearly and loudly so that everyone could hear you?
- Eye Contact: Did you look at your audience while you were talking?
- Content: Is your content sufficient and does it relates to your topic.
- Fluency: Did you stumble over a lot of your words or did you speak fluently?
- Duration: Did you speak for too short or did you speak for the correct time?
Activity 2: Reading
2.1 Individual reading: Learner reads from reading book to the teacher.
- Reads out loud from own book.
- Make use of knowledge of sounds while reading
- Make use of sight words while reading.
- Reads with increasingly fluency.
- Reads with feeling and intonation.
2.2 Shared Reading: Read a story and answer questions.
Activity 3: Phonics
3.1 Recognises consonant digraphs at the beginning or
the ending of words and use picture clues to write
words e.g. ch-; sh-; th-; -ng; -ck
3.2 Recognises common endings in words and use them
correctly in sentences, e.g. “-ing and -ed”.
3.3 Write the name for each picture: oo or ee
Activity 4: Writing
4.1 Complete the sentences by filling in: am, is or are.
4.2 Complete the sentences by filling in: has or have.
4.3 Use a frame to complete sentences by telling us more about yourself.