Activity 1: Listening & Speaking
1.1 Listening Comprehension: Teacher reads a short story and learner must answer the questions:
1.2 Retell a simply story in your own words with a beginning, middle and end.
- Learner retells the story in the correct order.
- Learner identifies the main character in the story.
- Learner identifies the main idea in the story.
Activity 2: Reading
2.1 Shared Reading: Read the story and answer simple questions.
2.2 Individual Reading: Read the story to your teacher.
- Read text aloud with confidence.
- Uses known phonic and sight words if necessary.
- Reads without errors with increased fluency and expression.
Activity 3: Phonics
3.1 Recognises short- and long vowel sounds.
3.2 Recognises common consonant digraphs at the beginning or the ending of words
e.g. sh; ch; th-; wh-: -ng).
3.3 Give the plural form of words, e.g. apple – apples.
3.4 Spelling test.
Activity 4: Writing
4.1 Use am, is or are to complete sentences.
4.2 Use a or an to complete sentences.
4.3 Write a paragraph with a title about a topic.
- Work with words and use learned phonics knowledge.
- Use appropriate writing convention and punctuation.
- Content and structure.