Writer: Kobie Kleynhans
- Task + Memo (24 pages)
- Assessment Plan (3 pages)
1.1 Number concept: Count objects by grouping.
1.2 Order numbers:
a) What comes before; between; after?
b) Order numbers from smallest to biggest and from biggest to smallest.
c) Use the number line and complete more or less than.
1.3 Number symbols and number names:
a) Complete the number chart from 1 –
b) Read the number name and circle the number symbol on the number chart.
c) Read the number symbol and write the number name.
1.3 Problem solving: Read the story sum, draw a picture and write a number sentence.
a) Use a number line and complete the plus and minus sums.
b) Calculations by adding or subtracting e.g. add/subtract 3.
c) Number combinations (1-10)
Patterns, Functions & Algebra
2.1 Number patterns:
- Count forwards / backwards in 1’s on the number chart.
- Count forwards / backwards in 2’s on the number chart
- Count forwards / backwards 5’s-100
- Count forwards / backwards in 10’s -100.
2.2 Geometric patterns:
- Complete patterns by repeating shape, colour and objects.
- Create your own repeating pattern by using shapes, numbers and colours.
Space & Shape (Geometry)
- 3.2 Sort 2-D shapes:
- Colour same shapes and count how many.
- Recognise properties of 2D shapes e.g. number of corners, straight/round sides.
- Stand back to back with your friend and see who is the tallest / shortest.
- Number the objects from the shortest to the tallest.
- Fill the cups with liquid from most to least and answer questions.
4.3 Time: Calendar
- Look at the calendar and answer the questions.
- Record birthdays on a calendar.
- Reading a pictogram (graph) and answering questions.