Book 2: 25 Short Comprehension Stories (LEVEL 2)
Comprehension of stories is important for several reasons:
- Improves Reading Skills: Reading comprehension skills help readers to understand the meaning and context of the story. It helps readers to interpret and analyze the story, which enhances their overall reading skills.
- Enhances Vocabulary: Reading stories helps readers to develop their vocabulary, which is essential for effective communication.
- Builds Critical Thinking Skills: Reading comprehension encourages readers to think critically about the text they are reading. It helps them to develop their ability to analyze, evaluate, and draw conclusions from the story.
- Boosts Imagination: Reading comprehension allows readers to imagine and create their own mental images of the characters, setting, and events in the story. This boosts their imagination and creativity.
- Provides Learning Opportunities: Stories can provide readers with valuable learning opportunities. For example, stories can teach readers about history, different cultures, and social issues.