Written by Kobie Kleynhans
Grade 1 Mathematics Learner’s Book Term 1 (Concept Book 1-3)
The early development of mathematical concepts in the foundation phase is of critical importance for building a strong mathematical foundation and promoting critical thinking skills that will equip children for success in the future.
Includes 3 workbooks covering mathematical concepts as per the Curriculum and Assessment Policy Statement (CAPS) for Grade 1 for the first term.
• Counts out 10 objects accurately, naming them in sequence.
• Counts forward and backward by ones from any number between 1 and 20.
• Compares numbers up to 10 and determines which is 1 or 2 more or less.
• Compares a group of objects, indicating whether there are more, less, or an equal number.
• Describes and arranges numbers up to 5 in ascending and descending order using a number line.
• Writes number symbols for values up to 10.
• Recognizes and identifies number names up to 10.
• Performs addition up to a sum of 10.
• Subtracts from 10 using techniques such as drawing and a concrete number line.