Written by Kobie Kleynhans
Grade 1 Mathematics Learner’s Book Term 2 (Concept Book 4-6)
The early development of mathematical concepts in the foundation phase is of critical importance for building a strong mathematical foundation and promoting critical thinking skills that will equip children for success in the future.
Includes 3 workbooks covering mathematical concepts as per the Curriculum and Assessment Policy Statement (CAPS) for Grade 1 for the second term.
- Counts forward and backward by ones from 1 to 50.
- Counts forward in multiples of 10s and 5s up to 50.
- Compares numbers up to 15 and determines which is 1 or 2 more or less.
- Practices number bonds.
- Writes number symbols from 1 to 15.
- Writes number names from 1 to 15.
- Uses language to describe the relative size of numbers, such as before, after, and between.
- Orders numbers from 1 to 15 from smallest to greatest.
- Recognizes, identifies, and reads number symbols from 1 to 50.
- Compares the size of numbers up to 10 using language like more than, fewer than, etc.
- Performs calculations that are context-free, including addition up to 10, subtraction from any number up to 10, and repeated addition up to 10 using apparatus and drawings.
- Recognizes South African currency coins: 10c, 20c, 50c, R1, R2, and R5.