Written by Kobie Kleynhans
Grade 1 Mathematics Learner’s Book Term 3 (Concept Book 7-9)
The early development of mathematical concepts in the foundation phase is of critical importance for building a strong mathematical foundation and promoting critical thinking skills that will equip children for success in the future.
Includes 3 workbooks covering mathematical concepts as per the Curriculum and Assessment Policy Statement (CAPS) for Grade 1 for the third term.
- Estimates and counts out objects reliably to 40 by using the strategy of grouping.
- Counts forward and backward in ones from any number between 0 and 80.
- Counts forward and backward in multiples of 10’s, 2’s and 5’s between 0 and 80.
- Reads number symbols 1 to 80.
- Number Combinations
- Recalls addition and subtraction facts to 8.
- Writes number symbols and number names 1 to 20.
- Describe and order numbers: from smallest to greatest and greatest to smallest, before, after, between using the number line 0 – 34.
- Recognises the place value of numbers 1 1 to 20.
- Decomposes two-digit numbers into ten and units.
- Solve Problems in context involving addition and subtraction with answers up to 20 using.
- Equal sharing and grouping with whole numbers up to 15 and with answers that may include remainders.
- Addition, repeated addition and subtraction up to 20.
- Geometric Patterns
- 3-D objects