Compiled by Kobie Kleynhans
Grade 2 First Additional Language English Term 2 Books 4, 5, 6
- Gives a simple recount in at least 2-3 sentences (e.g., personal news, etc.).
- Demonstrates an understanding of basic oral vocabulary by pointing to objects or performing actions in response to instructions from the teacher.
- Identifies letter-sound relationships for all single letters.
- Matches initial and ending sounds with pictures and words.
- Recognizes word families (e.g., hat, bat, mat, cat, cot).
- Writes words using sounds learned.
- Writes 3-4 simple sentences using the phonic word list and common sight words already taught.