Compiled by Kobie Kleynhans
Grade 2 First Additional Language English Term 3 Books 7, 8, 9
- Retells a story that is told or read (at least 3 or 4 sentences).
- Gives a simple recount.
- Answers simple literal questions about text/story.
- Groups word families.
- Recognizes words with -ed and -ing endings.
- Spelling: Word list of 10 words and 1-2 sentences dictation.
- Writes and illustrates a birthday card or a get-well card.
- Writes a sentence from dictation and punctuates the sentence.
- Uses “am,” “is,” and “are” correctly in sentences.
- Uses “a” or “an” correctly in sentences.
- Reading Charts.
- Sight Word List.