Written by Kobie Kleynhans
Grade 2 Mathematics Learner’s Book Term 1 (Concept Book 1-3)
The early development of mathematical concepts in the foundation phase is of critical importance for building a strong mathematical foundation and promoting critical thinking skills that will equip children for success in the future.
Includes 3 workbooks covering mathematical concepts as per the Curriculum and Assessment Policy Statement (CAPS) for Grade 2 for the first term.
- Give a reasonable estimate of a number of objects that can be checked by counting.
- Count forwards and backwards in: 1’s; 10’s; 5’s; 2’s between 0 and 100.
- Identify, recognise and read and write number symbols 0-100.
- Identify, recognise and read and write number names 0 to 99.
- Describe, compare and order numbers to 25.
- Number bonds to 10.
- Compare whole numbers using smaller than, greater than, more than, less than and equal to.
- Order whole numbers from smallest to greatest and greatest to smallest.
- Recognise place value of numbers 11 to 99.
- Decompose two-digit numbers into multiples of tens and units.
- Identify and state the value of each digit.
- Recognise and identify the South African coins 10c, 20c, 50c, R1, R2, R5, and bank notes R10, R20, R50.
- Solve money problems involving totals and change in cents up to 50c and rand to R20
- Add/Subtract to 99.
- Add the same number repeatedly to 20.
- Multiply numbers 1 to 10 by 2.