Written by Kobie Kleynhans
Grade 2 Mathematics Learner’s Book Term 2 (Concept Book 4-6)
The early development of mathematical concepts in the foundation phase is of critical importance for building a strong mathematical foundation and promoting critical thinking skills that will equip children for success in the future.
Includes 3 workbooks covering mathematical concepts as per the Curriculum and Assessment Policy Statement (CAPS) for Grade 2 for the second term.
- Estimate and count at least 150 everyday objects reliably.
- Count forwards and backwards in: 1’s; 5’s; 2’s; 10’s between 0 and 150.
- Identify, recognise and read number symbols 0 to 150.
- Compare numbers to 50 and say which is 1/2/3/4 more/less.
- Number Combinations 1-15.
- Recall addition and subtraction facts to 15.
- Write number symbols of given number values up to 150.
- Write number names up to 50.
- Describe, compare and order numbers to 50.
- Recognise place value of numbers 11 to 99.
- Decompose two-digit numbers into multiple of tens and units.
- Identify and state the value of each digit.
- Solve word problems in context and explain own solution to problems:
- Addition and subtraction with answers up to 50.
- Repeated addition leading to multiplication with answers up to 30.
- Equal sharing and grouping up to 30 with answers that may include remainders.
- Add/Subtract to 100.
- Multiply numbers 1 to 10 by 2 and 5
- Doubling and halving.
- Recognise and identify the South African coins 10c, 20c, 50c, R1, R2, R5, and bank notes R10, R20, R50
- Equal sharing leading to solutions that include unitary fractions, e.g. half
- Reading Time