Written by Kobie Kleynhans
Grade 2 Mathematics Learner’s Book Term 3 (Concept Book 7-9)
The early development of mathematical concepts in the foundation phase is of critical importance for building a strong mathematical foundation and promoting critical thinking skills that will equip children for success in the future.
Includes 3 workbooks covering mathematical concepts as per the Curriculum and Assessment Policy Statement (CAPS) for Grade 2 for the third term.
- Count forwards and backwards in 1’s; 10’s; 5’s; 2’s from any multiple between 0 and 180.
- Count forwards and backwards in 3’s & 4’s from any multiple between 0 and 100.
- Compare numbers to 75 and say which is 1/2/3/4/5 more/less.
- Mental Math: Recall addition and subtraction facts to 20.
- Identify, recognise and read number symbols up to 100.
- Write the number symbols 0 to 120.
- Identify, recognise, reads and write number names 0 to 120.
- Describe, compare and order numbers up to 120.
- Recognise the place value of numbers to 120.
- Decompose two-digit numbers into multiple of tens and units.
- Identify and state the place value and number value of each digit.
- Solve money problems involving totals and change in cents up to 75c and rands to R75.
- Add/Subtract to 100.
- Multiply numbers 1 to 10 by 2; 3; 4 and 5.
- Fractions: Recognise fractions in diagrammatic form & write fractions as one half, two thirds.
- Copy simple patterns
- Name 2-D shapes in terms of shape; number of corners; straight or round sides
- Work with a calendar
- Number Patterns
- 3-D Objects
- Measurement: Time