Written by Kobie Kleynhans
Grade 2 Mathematics Learner’s Book Term 4 (Concept Book 10-12)
The early development of mathematical concepts in the foundation phase is of critical importance for building a strong mathematical foundation and promoting critical thinking skills that will equip children for success in the future.
Includes 3 workbooks covering mathematical concepts as per the Curriculum and Assessment Policy Statement (CAPS) for Grade 2 for the fourth term.
- Count forwards and backwards in: 1s 10s; 5s; 2s; 3s; 4s between 0 and 200
- Compare numbers to 99 and say which is 1/2/3/4 more/less
- Mental Math: Recall addition and subtraction facts to 20.
- Identify, recognise and read number symbols up to 200.
- Write number symbols 0 to 200.
- Identify, recognise and read number names 0 to 100.
- Write number names 0 to 100.
- Compare whole numbers and order numbers up to 99.
- Position objects in a line from first to twentieth, or first to last.
- Recognise place value of 3-digit numbers.
- Decompose 3-digit numbers into multiple of hundreds, tens and units.
- Identify and state the value of each digit.
- Solve word problems that involve equal sharing, leading to solutions that include unitary fractions, e.g., halves, thirds, fourths, and fifths.
- Add/Subtract to with 2-digit numbers.
- Multiply numbers 1 to 10 by 2, 5 and 3, 4.
- Recognise and identify the South African coins 10c, 20c, 50c, R1, R2, R5 and bank notes R10, R20, R50, R100, R200.
- Calculations with money.
- Reading analogue time.