Compiled by Kobie Kleynhans
- Retells a story, whether told or read, in at least 3 to 4 sentences.
- Demonstrates an understanding of oral vocabulary.
- Understands and responds to simple questions.
- Builds and sounds out short (3 and 4-letter) words using sounds learned.
- Recognizes consonant digraphs at the beginning and end of words, e.g., ‘sh,’ ‘ch,’ ‘th,’ ‘wh.’
- Spelling: Word list of 10 words and 1 sentence dictation.
- Reads a short text and answers questions about the text/story.
- Writes and illustrates a familiar story using capital letters and full stops.