Compiled by Kobie Kleynhans
Grade 3 First Additional Language English Term 3 Book 7, 8, 9 (96x pages)
- Talks about a picture or photograph.
- Listens to a story and answers comprehension questions.
- Retells a story.
- Listens to a non-fiction text and answers comprehension questions.
- Gives a very simple summary of text.
- Demonstrates understanding of oral vocabulary by pointing to objects in the classroom or in a picture in response to questions/instructions from the teacher (e.g., Who, what, why, when, where, how?).
- Participates in a short conversation on a familiar topic.
- R-controlled Vowels (-ar, -er, -ir, -or, -ur).
- Recognizes more complex word families (e.g., -eam, -tch, etc.).
- Recognizes and uses suffixes (e.g., -es, -ies, -ly, -ing, -ed).
- Articles: a/an.
- Verb to be: am, is, are.
- Builds and sounds out words using sounds learned.
- Writes increasingly complex lists with headings.
- Writes a paragraph of 6-8 sentences on a familiar topic.
- Writes a personal recount of experiences (e.g., Last weekend I… First I… etc.).
- Uses punctuation (full stops, commas, question marks, exclamation marks, and inverted commas).
- Uses the present and the continuous tense.
- Uses the past tense.