Compiled by Kobie Kleynhans
Grade 3 First Additional Language English Term 4 Book 10, 11, 12
- Talks about a picture or photograph
- Listens to a story and answers comprehension questions.
- Retells a story.
- Listens to a non-fiction text and answers comprehension questions.
- Gives a very simple summary of text.
- Demonstrates understanding of oral vocabulary by pointing to objects in the classroom or in a picture in response to questions/instructions from the teacher, e.g. Who, what, why, when, where, how?
- Participates in a short conversation on a familiar topic.
- R-controlled Vowels (-ar; -er; -ir; -or; -ur)
- Recognises more complex word families e.g. -eam;-tch, etc.
- Recognises and uses suffixes e.g. -es; -ies; -ly; -ing; -ed.
- Articles: a/an
- Verb to be: am; is; are
- Builds and sounds out words using sounds learnt
- Writes increasingly complex lists with headings.
- Writes a paragraph of 6-8 sentences on a familiar topic
- Writes a personal recount of experiences, e.g. Last weekend I …. First I ….. etc.
- Uses punctuation (full stops, commas, question marks, exclamation marks and inverted commas)
- Use the present and the continuous tense.
- Uses past tense