Written by Kobie Kleynhans
Grade 3 Mathematics Learner’s Book Term 1 (Concept Book 1-3)
The early development of mathematical concepts in the foundation phase is of critical importance for building a strong mathematical foundation and promoting critical thinking skills that will equip children for success in the future.
Includes 3 workbooks covering mathematical concepts as per the Curriculum and Assessment Policy Statement (CAPS) for Grade 3 for the first term.
- Use grouping as a strategy to count objects.
- Count forwards and backwards between 0 and 200
- Identify, recognise and read number symbols 0-500
- Write number symbols 0 to 500
- Identify, recognise and read number names 0- 250
- Write number names 0 to 250
- Describe, compare and order numbers to 250.
- Compare whole numbers up to 99 using smaller than, greater than, more than, less than and is equal to
- Order a given set of selected numbers
- Compare numbers to 200 and say which is:
- 1 more or 1 less; 2 more or 2 less; 3 more or 3 less
- 4 more or 4 less; 5 more or 5 less; 10 more or 10 less
- Order whole numbers up to 250 from smallest to biggest and biggest to smallest
- Recognise the place value of numbers to 250
- Decompose two-digit numbers up to 99 into multiples of tens and ones/ units
- Identify and state the place value of each digit
- Identify and state the numerical value of each digit
- Add up to 250/Subtract from 250
- Number bonds to 20
- Multiply numbers 1 to 10 by 2, 5, 3, 4
- Divide numbers to 50 by 2, 5, 10
- Use and name unitary fractions including halves, quarters thirds, fifths
- Recognise fractions in diagrammatic form e.g. ‰, †
- Write fractions as one half, one third
- Analogue time