Written by Kobie Kleynhans
Grade 3 Mathematics Learner’s Book Term 2 (Concept Book 4-6)
The early development of mathematical concepts in the foundation phase is of critical importance for building a strong mathematical foundation and promoting critical thinking skills that will equip children for success in the future.
Includes 3 workbooks covering mathematical concepts as per the Curriculum and Assessment Policy Statement (CAPS) for Grade 3 for the second term.
- Count forwards and backwards between 0 and 500.
- Identify, recognise and read number symbols up to 1000.
- Add or subtract multiples of 10 from 0 to 100
- Compare numbers to 500 and say which is 1/2/3/4 /5/10 more/less.
- Recall addition and subtraction facts to 30.
- Write number symbols 0 to 1000.
- Identify, reads and write number names 0 to 250.
- Describe, compare and order numbers up to 500.
- Recognise place value of numbers 500.
- Decompose three-digit numbers up to 500 into multiples of hundreds, tens & ones/units.
- Place Value: Know what each digit represents.
- Place Value: Identify and state the value of each digit.
- Add to 400, Subtract from 400.
- Multiply 2, 4, 5, 10, 3 to a total of 50.
- Divide numbers to 50 by 2, 4, 5, 10.
- Use and name unitary fractions in familiar contexts, including halves, quarters, eighths, thirds, sixths, and fifths.
- Recognise fractions in diagrammatic form.
- Write fractions as 1 half, 1 third, etc.
- Time: Tell 12-hour time in hours, half hours, quarter hours, and minutes on analogue clocks and digital clocks.