Written by Kobie Kleynhans
Grade 3 Mathematics Learner’s Book Term 3 (Concept Book 7-9)
The early development of mathematical concepts in the foundation phase is of critical importance for building a strong mathematical foundation and promoting critical thinking skills that will equip children for success in the future.
Includes 3 workbooks covering mathematical concepts as per the Curriculum and Assessment Policy Statement (CAPS) for Grade 3 for the third term.
- Count on or back in 1’e; 2s; 3s; 4s; 5s; 10s; 25s; 50s; and 100’s.
- Add or subtract multiples of 10 from 0 to 100.
- Compare numbers to 1000 and say which is 1/2/3/4/5/10 more or less.
- Identify, recognize, and read number symbols up to 1000.
- Mental Mathematics: Rapidly Recall: Multiplication and Division Facts for the:
- Mental Math
- Recall addition and subtraction facts to 30.
- Number symbols and number names
- Write number symbols from 0 to 1000.
- Identify, recognize, and read number names from 0 to 1000.
- Write numbers from 0 to 1000.
- Describe, compare, and order numbers up to 999.
- Use ordinal numbers to show order, place, or position.
- Recognize the place value of the number 999.
- Know what each digit represents.
- Decompose three-digit numbers up to 750 into multiples of hundreds, tens, and ones or units.
- Identify and state the value of each digit.
- Add or subtract from 999.
- Multiply 2, 4, 5, 10, and 3 for a total of 100.
- Divide the numbers to 50 by 2, 3, 4, 5, and 10.
- Begin to recognize that two halves or three thirds make one whole and that one half and two quarters are equivalent.
- Recognize fractions in diagrammatic form.
- Write fractions as 1 half, 2 thirds.
- Tell 12-hour time in hours, half hours, quarter hours, and minutes on analogue clocks, digital clocks, and other digital instruments.