Prepared by Kobie Kleynhans
Mathematics Lesson Planning for Grade 3 – Term 1
10 Weeks (52x Pages)
CAPS GUIDELINES FOLLOWED
Includes the Guidelines for Baseline Assessment.
Include weekly planning, as well as daily planning.
Daily plans are divided as follows:
- Whole Class: MENTAL MATH (10 min) ;
- Whole Class: PROBLEM-SOLVING (10min);
- Whole Class: NUMBER CONCEPT DEVELOPMENT (10 min)
- Whole Class: NUMBER CONCEPT AND DEVELOPMENT (10 min)
- Group work: NEW CONCEPTS & REVISION (15 min)
- Group work: CONSOLIDATION (10 min)
- Independent: WRITTEN TASK (30 min)
Daily provision is made to work with three smaller groups while other learners complete written assignments.
Lesson planning can be used as a guideline, but Educator still has to do preparation and planning.
Lesson plans are backed up by Resources available on the ‘My Classroom Website’.