Prepared by Kobie Kleynhans
Mathematics Lesson Planning for Grade 3 – Term 1
10 Weeks (52x Pages)
CAPS GUIDELINES FOLLOWED
Includes the Guidelines for Baseline Assessment.
Include weekly planning, as well as daily planning.
Daily plans are divided as follows:
- Whole Class: MENTAL MATH (10 min) ;
- Whole Class: PROBLEM-SOLVING (10min);
- Whole Class: NUMBER CONCEPT DEVELOPMENT (10 min)
- Whole Class: NUMBER CONCEPT AND DEVELOPMENT (10 min)
- Group work: NEW CONCEPTS & REVISION (15 min)
- Group work: CONSOLIDATION (10 min)
- Independent: WRITTEN TASK (30 min)
Daily provision is made to work with three smaller groups while other learners complete written tasks.
The purpose and structure of the lesson planning approach primarily focus on the content that needs to be taught, in accordance with the CAPS curriculum. My aim is to provide a comprehensive framework for organizing and delivering lessons effectively, taking into account the learning objectives, curriculum requirements, and learners’ needs.
The resources available on the website aim to support the concepts that have been taught and are designed to provide supplementary materials that cater to a wide range of curricula and teaching styles.
Therefore, it may be necessary for you to modify and personalize the lesson planning to align it with your resource requirements.